Old August 7th 03, 10:01 PM
pehache

Default driver problem with GeForce4 MX440 (Win98se)

Hello,

I just installed W98se on my computer as a secondary OS to run a few old
softwares (the main OS being XP).

The first thing I did then was to install the up-to-date driver for the
videocard, which is a GeForce4 440MX. The driver version is 44.03,
downloaded from the NVidia site.

It installed fine, but however I cannot change the Display resolution and
number of colors: if I put anything different from the VGA parameters
(640x400-16colors), then after rebooting I have an error messages that tells
that the display parameters are not correct for this card or that is not the
right card, and I have no other choice than reverting to VGA.

In contrast, under XP everything is OK (still with the 44.03 driver).

Any idea ?

Many thanks in advance,

--
Pehache