Old April 15th 04, 05:24 PM
Bratboy

Default Rotation problem with a 9800pro and 2001 FP monitor

1st off I'm not one of the ppl with the standby at boot problem thankfully
my prob is a bit diffrent.

Hope someone can help. I got myself a Dell 2001FP monitor 2 weeks ago. When
I first connected it to the 9800 dvi the monitor was only identified as PnP
but seemed to work so just left it. Then 4.4's came out installed em and
they worked fine with the monitor being just PnP. Was told I should use the
monitors inf so I installed it, after the drivers were installed. Anyway
when I finally tried to use the rotate option the screen does rotate but a
pop up shows that says:

"Requested rotation mode not supported by current display mode (Resolution/
refresh rate/ colour depth)"
with an okay button. Click okay and screeen remains rotated. Use rotate
again to go back to landscape and get same message and again screen does
rotate. After doing this if I go to display settings it shows 4bit clr even
tho desktop is actually still in 32 bit.

Is the problem that I should of installed the monitor driver and then the
drivers or am I missing something else? Currently am running with both
reduce dvi freq and Alternat dvi deselected for now have tried both ways
tho.

Any help appreciated