Old July 31st 03, 08:57 AM
Ken

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 20:32:29 +0000 (UTC), "Nick"
wrote:

Sometimes when I switch my PC on it switches off after about 1 second.
When I do it again it works as normal.
Is this a sign the power supply is about to burn out?

Not necessarily. Could be it is underpowered and one output trips its OC
protection circuit sometimes. That would be my guess with no further info.
Try disconnecting the PSU from unused components and see if the problem
goes away. If so, you need a higher powered PSU.

higher? Im on 300 Watt

Today 300 Watt is to low in many cases.
When starting the PC need a lot more power than normal.
Important is how many ampere it can handle
on every rail +3.3V +5V +12V
http://w1.857.telia.com/~u85710476/d...u_antec550.png
Note: Going up from 300W to 550W power supply does NOT
raise your power consumtion. That is only what the PSU
kan deliver if needed.