Old July 28th 07, 08:00 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Revolt

Default WHQL certification is a load of ********!

"First of One" wrote in message
Usually when the word "certification" is used, the certifying authority is
well-respected organization (ISO, CSA, JEDEC, etc.) Microsoft isn't known
for producing stable, bug-free software, so a Microsoft certification is
quite worthless. Recall the certified 8x.xx XP 32-bit drivers that were
killing select LG and Samsung monitors through a new "Direct Access"
feature.

Did you try a different monitor timing mode (CVT, DMT, GTF, etc.)?

No, but think I will stay with the EVGA recommended driver for now. I don't
have a monitor .inf file so that may be the reason too. One I have on disk
won't load on Vista64. But if older drivers don't cause this issue then new
ones shouldn't either. I loaded the latest XP nvidia driver on the same
hardware and had no issue, it's just the Vista6 one that is causing it. Now
way these should have got WHQL certification. If they damaged my CRT I would
sue them for damages in small claims court. Might be a good for the Judge
Judy show.