Old July 27th 07, 10:01 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Kevin Weaver

Default WHQL certification is a load of ********!

"Revolt" wrote in message
m...
I had my suspicions before but now I am certain that Microsoft WHQL
certification is a joke. How much does Microsoft charge for certifying
drivers anyway? One penny would be too much because the latest Vista64
driver from nvidia effs up my CRT monitor. Obviously they were only ever
tested with an LCD at 60hz. Every time I change the resolution these
drivers cause my monitor to lose vertical sync and go into a fit. Things
like this can actually damage hardware. I had to go get the drivers that
EVGA has for Vista64. They worked with no issues at all on the same CRT.
It's hard to believe Vista has been out this long and nvidia still can't
get a handle on the driver aspect of things. Good hardware is no good with
****ty drivers.

I agree. Newest one's from nvidia will not allow me to set anything higher
then 60hz FP Monitor.

At 1024x768 I set it for 75hz but it won't allow it. Keeps going back to 60
Maybe I should have stayed with ATI