Old September 28th 03, 06:34 PM
\(\) |V| 3 G A

i`m sure you realise all chips are different. so 1 2400+ will overclock
better than another 2400+

just crank up FSB untill something gives way, back off a few mhz's, then
fiddle with multiplier. once your cpu gives way, throw some more voltage at
it (add 0.5v every time), and then repeat procedue.

a note of warning, keep your eye on temps. the faster you go, and the more
voltage you stick through the chip, the hotter it gets.
you may need a better cooler if your only using a standard/amd stock hsf.

on my setup:
1800+ tbred B 1.5v watercooled
2x pc3200 twinmos 256mb ram running dual channel
a7n8x deluxe rev2.0 (which i`ve recently killed due to voltmod disaster, a
new one will take it's place on tuesday)

i can get to 200fsb stable (205fsb if i dont run command &conquer generals)
* 12 multiplier @ 2v vcore. (from 1.53ghz upto 2.4ghz)

as always, overclock at your own risk.

tim draper

"chris" wrote in message
Just finished building my new system and am very pleased with it.

Previous
sys was Abit kd7 + xp2400.

I have decent ocz pc3200 mem, what sort of overclocks are people getting
with the Xp2600? Mines running at a conservative 10.5x200 and is stable

as
they come. It has already benchmarked higher than my old sys did when

fully
oc'd (12500 3dMse01 versus 13070 with new sys - gf4ti4400 not o/c'd yet).

is 2.3Ghz attainable? what fsb/multi combo?
all help and advice much appreciated

chris

--
SPAMTRAP - remove PANTS to reply