Old March 14th 15, 04:37 PM posted to atl.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.windows7.general,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
(PeteCresswell)

Default 10TB Hard Drive, can't even be accessed by modern OS's yet!

Per Drew:
Why would a home user need 10,000 gigabytes of storage? By the time you
fill it something new would come along or it would die first.

Movies and recorded TV.

My movies are on a 10-TB NAS box (six 3-TB drives w/redundancy so that 2
of them can fail without losing data) and my recorded TV is on 3 local
2-TB drives attached to my 24-7 PC.

The reasons for the local drives are that I don't want to spend more
money on a second NAS box, and I consider recorded TV to be expendable
so a failure would not be a big deal.
--
Pete Cresswell