Old October 27th 10, 11:09 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Michael Gross

Default Do EP45-UD3 MBs support SSDs?

Gorby wrote:
On 12/10/2010 10:48 PM, Gorby wrote:
Hi All,
I'm having trouble trying to install Windows 7 (64 bit) onto an A-RAM
SSD Ultra II 60GB solid state drive.

My Motherboard is an EP45-UD3 with bios ver f9 (01/27/2010)

I have the SSD on SATA slot 0 and a DVD on slot 3.
ACHI is set ON in the BIOS.

When booting the SSD gets an error message regarding SMART error, but
carries on.

When trying to install Win7 64 bit, when you get to the part where the
install asks "Where do you want to install Windows?" There is no drive
available to be selected. If you click on "add a driver" it allows you
to see the SSD, so it is there.

So my questions a
Has anyone else seen this behaviour?
Have you been able to fix it?
Is my board too old to accept an SSD?

The SSD works perfectly when another HDD is the boot device. I am able
to place paging file on the SSD.

I just don't seem to be able to install Windows7 on to it.

any help appreciated.

cheers
Gorby.

I called up Gigabyte support (emailed actually) about this. They sent me
another BIOS (ver 10c). That removed the bootup SMART command error.

After renewing the MBR on the SSD, I am able to see the SSD at Windows
install.

All working OK!
cheers
Gorby.

Since you got me filtered, I guess I can say whatever the **** i want
about you and you can't do anything so here it goes:

You should have emailed them first instead of wasting all that time
posting your problem to a dead newsgroup where nobody knows **** about
anything, you retard.