Old March 5th 19, 04:10 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Sécherre

Default Battery not recognised

Le 05/03/2019 Ã* 15:26, Paul a écritÂ*:
Sécherre wrote:
Le 04/03/2019 Ã* 17:32, Sécherre a écrit :
Hello !

I've installed Debian Stretch on my HP x2 Detachable with the kernel
4.19.

My battery isn't recognised, so I don't have a battery level in the
systray. Only the command `lshw` is able to identify the battery :

-battery
--- produit: SW02032XL
--- fabriquant: 333-42-1E-A
--- identifiant matériel: 1
--- emplacement: Primary
--- capacité: 32570mWh
--- configuration: voltage=7,7V

I've tried a lot of things without succes. It's seems like the kernel
isn't able to recognise the battery.

Do you have any tips about this problem?

Sylvain

Thanks a lot for your answers.

I realize that I didn't give you the pieces of information needed. Sorry.

My netbook is a "HP x2 detachable 10-p029NF". I'm under Debian
Stretch, kernel 4.19 (backports), and I use KDE.

There's a option in the bios that allows the OS to see the battery
status or not. But it seemes it doesn't work because the behavior of
the OS is the same if set on or off.

Thirst clue, the icone in the system tray tells "no batterie available".
--------------------------------
Second clue, the command "ls /sys/class/power_supply" doesn't show
"BAT0", but only "ADP1".
--------------------------------
Third clue, here's the result of the command upower -e:
--------------------------------
Â*Â*Â*Â* /org/freedesktop/UPower/devices/line_power_ADP1
Â*Â*Â*Â* /org/freedesktop/UPower/devices/DisplayDevice

Fourth clue, "acpi -V" gives me:
--------------------------------
Â*Â*Â* Adapter 0: off-line
Â*Â*Â* Thermal 0: ok, 53.0 degrees C
Â*Â*Â* Thermal 0: trip point 0 switches to mode hot at temperature 89.0
degrees C
Â*Â*Â* Thermal 0: trip point 1 switches to mode passive at temperature
87.0 degrees C
Â*Â*Â* Cooling 0: Processor 0 of 10
Â*Â*Â* Cooling 1: PNIT no state information available
Â*Â*Â* Cooling 2: soc_dts1 no state information available
Â*Â*Â* Cooling 3: Processor 0 of 10
Â*Â*Â* Cooling 4: STR0 no state information available
Â*Â*Â* Cooling 5: Processor 0 of 10
Â*Â*Â* Cooling 6: STR2 no state information available
Â*Â*Â* Cooling 7: intel_powerclamp no state information available
Â*Â*Â* Cooling 8: soc_dts0 no state information available
Â*Â*Â* Cooling 9: Processor 0 of 10
Â*Â*Â* Cooling 10: INT3400 Thermal no state information available

Fith clue, the "lshw" command finds the battery whatever the option in
the bios is set or not:
--------------------------------
-battery
--- produit: SW02032XL
--- fabriquant: 333-42-1E-A
--- identifiant matériel: 1
--- emplacement: Primary
--- capacité: 32570mWh
--- configuration: voltage=7,7V

I don't understand why only "lshw" can find the battery...
I think that there's a probleme between the BIOS and acpi.

Sylvain

I would suggest checking the product web page and
see if a BIOS update is available.

Contact Tech Support at HP and report your results.
While they might not have a very active BIOS development
process, they might pass your trouble ticket to the
BIOS development team and include it for consideration
for fixes before another BIOS is released.

Â*Â* Paul

The BIOS is the last available.
I've just wrote to the developper of lshw because it's the only software
able to see my battery.
And you are right: I also will write to HP support and light a candle at
Notre Dame de Paris

Thank you,
Sylvain