Old February 19th 19, 09:51 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Computer Nerd Kev

Default Refilling one's own toner cartridges?

Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
Anyone here with experience of refilling LaserJet toner cartridges? In
particular, the 96A cartridges for the 2200 printers?

I've toyed around with it for HP P3005 printer cartridges. I couldn't
find toner cheaper than the cheap Ebay cartridges, but I think I did
try it once using toner from a cartridge that didn't work and I got
a refund for. I am (well, was) in the habit of pulling old cartridges
apart for mechanical parts and collected the left-over toner from
that as well. I based my refilling on what I'd seen doing that rather
than any YouTube videos, and I'm afraid I can't really remember now
what I did (I'm basing the fact that I did it mainly on the fact that
the tubs of toner to use for the job aren't where they were). My best
attempt at a memory is pouring the new toner into a hole in the side,
which I think just had a cap over it with the knock-off cartridges,
but might have been better sealed on the genuine ones.

One thing that I do remember is to do anything involving toner
cartridge internals outside (preferably while a light breeze is
blowing). My first attempt at pulling the old cartridges apart
for parts resulted in a great mess, and probably no small health
hazard.

--
__ __