Old February 17th 19, 08:22 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Tony

Default Refilling one's own toner cartridges?

"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote:
On 2/17/19 1:45 AM, Charlie+ wrote:

Anyone here with experience of refilling LaserJet toner cartridges? In
particular, the 96A cartridges for the 2200 printers?

Sorry no, when we looked into the economics - it just wasnt worth it,
the eBay warriors can do it cheaper and easier than refilling yourself -
at least in the case of the HPCP1025 sets anyway. Youtube?

I've bought aftermarket 96A cartridges on Amazon -- two different
vendors -- and they've lasted less than a year, compared with original
HP or with OfficeMax-branded "remanufactured" cartridges that were
printing far more pages per month and lasting several years.

I've seen a few YouTube videos. Some show pulling the whole cartridge
apart, while others show just cutting a couple of holes.

Any particular eBay vendors whose refilled cartridges you'd recommend?

Perce

A little advice; I used to do this. The original drum can be re-used once and
after that needs replacement.
It is a fairly easy process, you just need to buy good quality toner.