Old June 18th 18, 09:20 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default Rosewill $25 Micro form case

On Mon, 18 Jun 2018 01:35:34 -0400, Paul
wrote:

I keep a DVD burner in a USB enclosure. The enclosure
has a separate power supply. I can both burn stuff
onto blanks, or boot installer DVDs. This allows
working on computers without an optical drive.

As for the Rosewill computer case, I like the metal on
the case to be robust. Some modern computer cases
are made of "tomato soup tin" metal, and just the
shipment by the UPS courier results in the case arriving
damaged. I try to get the SECC metal thickness before
I buy.

Paul

I'd forgotten that. Been watching for an external DVD, seen a couple
sales, but somehow missed them. Either or, but a decent $20 External
thin laptop-style DVD sale and a USB enclosure/PS would be close if
not less. Wouldn't half mind trying out a BRay burner, only an
atrocious amount of rewriteable DVD discs I've amassed keeps that
notion in check. I'd looked up SECC at the time, seeing noted
somewhere the Rosewill complied with it. Same price, fulfilled or
shipped from Rosewill, and one dollar more on Amazon, than NewEgg
working presumably with stock on hand. Amazon's shipping is also a
little different. I suspect they've a distribution center nearby for
being in high-population area. Orders seem quicker and handling is
given a little more care. And they've their own form of delivery
fleet. Types of vehicles that show up can vary widely. I've a 4'x4'
card table for easy temporary setups. An internal DVD helps after
monitor, computer, keyboard and mouse just about cover it up.