Old September 12th 04, 08:01 PM
HillBillyBuddhist

"D Mitchell" wrote in message
.. .
"HillBillyBuddhist"

You could then either "roll back" the driver in device manager (highlight
your display adapter in device manager, right click Properties and go to

the
"Driver" tab, choose "Roll back driver") which should get you back to
your
previous settings and/or try installing the updated driver again.

I got to safe mode but was unable to roll it back.

Do I uninstall the driver before reinstalling or just reinstall?

P.S. You didn't mention where you were getting the driver update from. I

I got it from Dell's site.

always get mine directly from NVidia and they have always proven
reliable.

Which driver do I need if I have the Geforce 5200 with 128 MG?

Thanks for your help.

Doug

Go to the NVidia driver link I posted. They've made it 1-2-3 simple.

Select "Graphics Driver" in the first box. The second box will then give you
three choices of card types. Choose "GeForce and TNT2." In the third box
choose your operating system and click go. The download page will have a
link titled "Installation Hints" discussing among other things what to do
with your old driver.

--
(also) Doug

Remove shoes to E-mail.