Old September 12th 04, 02:47 PM
HillBillyBuddhist

"Doug Mitchell" wrote in message
|I have a 10 mo old Dimension 4600. This morning I was updating to the
latest
| drivers for the NVIDA Geoforce 5200. I followed the on line instructions
and
| dclicked the dloaded file and then it rebooted. However after I logged on
in
| the reboot the on screen message recommended that I don't continue as the
| drivers weren't XP approved. So I selected to not continue. Anyways it was
| as if it had already installed as that's what it said moments later.
|
| And when all was done the screen was low resolution and low colour. I
| selected the highest and then after restart it boots to a small test
pattern
| with the phrase below it "Out of Frequency Range" (H:92,5 khz and V58.1).
|
| The computer will not boot past that for me to reselect anything.
|
| I need your advice.
|
| Much appreciated
|
| --
| Doug Mitchell )

Try booting in safe mode. (tap f8 while the computer is booting) This should
allow you to boot to a low resolution/refresh rate that the monitor will
accept.

You could then either "roll back" the driver in device manager (highlight
your display adapter in device manager, right click Properties and go to the
"Driver" tab, choose "Roll back driver") which should get you back to your
previous settings and/or try installing the updated driver again. Ignore the
"driver not approved" message and choose install anyway.

P.S. You didn't mention where you were getting the driver update from. I
always get mine directly from NVidia and they have always proven reliable.

I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
I was just trying to help.
advice herein.
No warranty is expressed or implied.