Old June 20th 06, 05:45 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

Default Fedora Core 5 on Compaq Proliant 2500

NewsReader wrote:
The FC5 disks are larger (more data) than previous FC
releases and I have seen a number of early CDROM drives that will fail
to read all the data. If you can't read part of the disc and need what's
on it you'll get a failed installation - happened to me with a DL360
(IDE drive) and a set of FC5 discs which worked perfectly on another system.

That makes sense to me. The 2500 came, stock, with a 2x or 4x CD Drive.
Are you suggesting that this drive should be upgraded first? I know
that a good working 48x drive can be picked up for around $5...and you
would certainly be happier down the road.

Jeff