Old June 19th 06, 06:12 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

Default Fedora Core 5 on Compaq Proliant 2500

I am using SmartStart v. 5.50, burned at the slowest speed. When I ran
it, I did choose Linux.

Just to prove I wasn't nuts, I started from scrathc this weekend with a
System Erase and told it I was installing Win2K Advanced (I had an
120-day eval copy from when I used to teach). Much to my dismay, Win2K
loaded up fine.

I'm thinking the Memory Allocation thing may in fact be the issue. I'm
going to try first re-burnming the FC5 ISOs at the slowest speed, just
because I saw the benefit of that before. But the fact that it DOES
boot to the FC Disk 1, but fails during the hardware scan, seems to
indicate a different issue than burn speed.

I spent most of the weekend working on a presentation we were doing for
$$ so I ran out of time to tinker with it.

Thanks for the continued feedback.