Old January 17th 06, 10:21 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

Default Rails for Proliant 6400R...

In article , NuTCrAcKeR wrote:

I'll probably keep these for another project (when I get the storage
subsystem) and put real compaq rails on here.. There are several being
sold
on Ebay for = $50 which is OK I guess.

-- Rick

that depends on which type of storage system you are talking about ....
details please.

Let's see.. I think I'm looking for a Storageworks 4314R if I recall
which would play with my SmartArray 3200 or I can upgrade that to a newer
SmartArray 5300.. The other thing I'm watching for is a Proliant UE/U2
Storage system which seem harder to come by (due to them being older?)

Any other suggestions? Ideally I'm looking to add more 1" LVD drives than
I've currently got, but if there's some burning reason to use other media,
I'm open to that as well. I'll also probably need some sort of DLT/DAT
backup mechanism at some point (I believe the DLT has a higher capacity IIRC).

-- Rick