Old November 9th 13, 07:52 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Paul in Houston TX

Default GA-Z87X-UD4H: No USB Power?

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
In the process of building up a GA-Z87X-UD4H system, I notice that there
does not seem to be any power available on either the USB2 or USB3
outlets. I have not tried the internal USB3 headers pending purchase
of a 3.5" front panel to use them.

OTOH, on my EP45-UD3L, there is power on all the USB receptacles.

Am I missing something?

Anything in BIOS ?
I tried turning off usb 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 in my x58-UD3 however there
is still 5v power since my cell phone charges from each port ok,
but there is no signal for turning on the light in a pen drive.
That was with the system on. Did not try with system off.
When I got the board I installed the GA software to retain
5v usb power then the system is "off".