Old September 3rd 04, 10:36 PM
Curtis CCR

Shawn Hearn wrote in message ...
In article ,
(Felix Oscar) wrote:

I have to use or clean my HP inkjet color cartridge every two weeks or
it will put white lines through the image. Is this just true of all
inkjet printers or what?

Why does the clogging produce the white lines which would imply
exactly one area on the head is clogged?

I have never had to do that with any of the Epson ink jet printers
I have owned. I clean them only once in a blue moon when I notice
the print quality is diminished.

I just had a C82 Stylus go bad on me. I don't think it was clogged
print heads, but after going online to get tips on what the problem
might, I found a lot of people complaining about clogged heads on
Epsons. But even among those complaints, it appeared the biggest
cause of trouble was third party cartridges. Epson touts their
pigment based "Dura Brite" ink, and many say that the nozzles don't
tolerate substitutes well.

Inkjet nozzles, regardless of brand, will be prone to drying up and
possibly clogging after extended periods of non-use. And a couple of
weeks may be considered an "extended period" for some printers. But
hell, they can clog with regular use too - The C82 we had, and the C86
we have now will briefly pause printing to touch up the heads in the
middle of print jobs.