Old August 31st 04, 11:20 AM
Arthur Entlich

To try to avoid the next phase of printer brand wars, having worked with
many Epson printers, and literally thousands of Epson printer users, let
me just say that Epson printers vary considerably in serviceability
based upon, the environment they are used in (dry, dusty, etc), the
model of printer, and inks involved, how close the manufacturing
tolerances are so that the head caps properly on shut down, the amount
of use they get, and how well instructions are followed regarding use
and shut down.

These many factors can lead to people having very opposite results from
one another.

Art

Shawn Hearn wrote:

In article ,
(Felix Oscar) wrote:

I have to use or clean my HP inkjet color cartridge every two weeks or
it will put white lines through the image. Is this just true of all
inkjet printers or what?

Why does the clogging produce the white lines which would imply
exactly one area on the head is clogged?

I have never had to do that with any of the Epson ink jet printers
I have owned. I clean them only once in a blue moon when I notice
the print quality is diminished.