Old August 29th 04, 12:46 PM
Dave C.

I have to use or clean my HP inkjet color cartridge every two weeks or
it will put white lines through the image. Is this just true of all
inkjet printers or what?

Why does the clogging produce the white lines which would imply
exactly one area on the head is clogged?

It's odd I didn't see the original post on this one. An inkjet head has
tiny nozzles which push or spray paint onto paper. You can think of it as a
collection of lots of little tiny pens all squished together. When the
print head starts drying out, some of these little nozzles get clogged, so
that those specific nozzles are not transferring ink to the paper. The
result is that you have lines across the paper (usually white, as the paper
you are printing on is white) where the specific nozzles are clogged. -Dave