Old February 21st 05, 05:49 PM
Ed O

Default P4P800E boots from ext. USB drive after Mirroring drives

I have a P4P800-E Deluxe motherboard.
Originally had 2 P-IDE drives on the primary IDE channel as C: and D:
An IDE cdrom on secondary IDE channel and an external USB 2.0 drive.

I bought 2 SATA drives.
Mirrored the two P-IDE drives to create the C: drive
Mirrored the two SATA drives to create the D: drive.
Had to set the boot sequence in BIOS to boot from the mirrored P-IDE drives.
(Went through a bunch of steps to move the data, built array from exising
data, etc)
All is well, boots from the original Win-XP image which is mirrored.

BUT, when I boot with the external USB drive attached and on,
it wants to boot from the USB drive. I have to turnoff the USB to
boot, then turn it on afterward to access it.

Any way to not have it try to boot from the USB drive?

Thanks,
Ed

P.S. could I have used one P-IDE and one SATA as a mirror set
and done the same with the other P-IDE and SATA drive?