Old December 21st 03, 04:10 PM
RanMan

By the way I have one set as the master and the other as the slave on the
first controller cable and in the correct order.

Should both drives be formated and partitioned prior to this use?

"RanMan" wrote in message
I have this mobo and I'm trying to get the raid setup. I have two maxtor
20gb drives and can not get my system to recognize them.

The controller and disk drives are in the device manager, but I can't

access
these drives via any file management program.

I've tried all four raid options and nothing seems to work, yet the
controller and whatever raid settings I try are listed in the device

manager
under disk drives.

any suggestions?

"stacey" wrote in message
k_yhz wrote:

Now the board that interests me is the Asus P4S800D-E
- good overclocking all around (FSB and Proc. using air cooling)

No dual channel ram. That takes a serious performance hit. P4's LOVE

memory
bandwidth. I went from an 845G to a P4P800 using the same 2.53/533

DDR333
chip and ram in both and saw a BIG performance gain going to a dual

chanel
board.

Stacey