Old March 7th 11, 02:54 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
peter

Default IPS based computer monitors?

Yes...I meant response time.
sorry
peter

or disruptive,please ignore it.
"Paul" wrote in message ...

peter wrote:
With Games in particular and with most Action movies
you need to look at the refresh rate....the lower the better
in order to not get artifacts in the action sequences..motion blur
peter

Perhaps you're thinking of response time ? A low response
time reduces artifacts.

This is an example of a relatively slow monitor. But note that
the response time has two specifications. It has an 8 millisecond
grey to grey response. And a second response time of 25 milliseconds.
The response time definition was changed at one point, to make
modern monitors look more heroic.

The best monitor I could find on Newegg, claims a response time
of 1 millisecond, which seems pretty hard to believe.

There is an article here, which describes the impact of both
response time and refresh rate. Higher refresh rate monitors aren't
too common yet, but this article suggests they may help with the
perception of blur (at least for games - they'd likely ruin movies).
Apparently, response time as a parameter, loses its effectiveness,
below 10 milliseconds.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/mon...s_2.html#sect0

Paul

wrote in message ...