Old October 29th 04, 03:12 PM
Lordy

Lordy wrote in
:

If it's a case side wall you should have plenty of room to simply cut
it out to the 120mm fan mounting and use a wire grill.

Unfortunately its one of those clear plastic jobs with a circular ring
for 80mm fan. But if it wasnt, wouldnt using an adapter put the fan
and the outside air closer to the motherboard? Maybe the loss of
volume inside the case would negate any benefits? I'll soon be finding
out ....

I bought 2 adapters and two fans from Ebuyer (Total £6.21 inc shipping!)
This Fans are a bit noisy at 12V but I've heard worse. They spin up at 5V
though, quiet, and have a fair breeze too. A little bit of vibration
though.

Anyway, I fixed one adapter and fan inside the case (with some dampeners)
and got a case temp drop of 4 degrees C.

I'm tempted to pull out the 120 Panaflo I installed at the front of the
case, an replace with the other fan at 5V. They push much more air and cost
about 10 times less.

--
Lordy