Old June 9th 04, 02:33 AM
Dave

It's a possibility you don't have the corrrect (complete) protocols
installed, i presume you'll know how to enable/disable protocols from within
the wireless properties.

Make sure 'netbios' is enabled over TCP/IP; in tcp/ip properties in the
adapter properties, click on 'advanced', then 'WINS' tab, and 'enable
netbios over tcp/ip'

If it's not enabled and you use 'netware netbios' (protocol installed
usually by yourself, the only reason it'd be there usually) - then that's
soo much slower for data-transfer, at least that's my experience on 2
windows xp computers, it's attrocious.

"Joel" wrote in message
. ..
The really strange thing is that when doing speed tests at services like
computers4sure.com/speed.asp - the 800LCi consistently clocks in at faster
speeds than either of the Thinkpads. But, in real-life usage, the 800LCi
is painfully slow compared to the others. I just cannot figure out why
this is happening and why the inconsistency between real-life performance
and formal speed tests.