Old February 25th 09, 01:09 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Onsokumaru

Default GIGABYTE GA-MA78G-DS3H memory question

"pokey man" wrote in message

"geoff" wrote in message
m...
I don't give any credence to approved memory lists.

Those lists are also not fixed in stone. It is the approved memory list

at
the time the manual was made or the web page was updated. Those lists
change all the time but there is no way they could test every single type

of
memory, memory that would run fine on the board.

--g

Does that make us beta testers for them, then we complain to mfgr they
take
it off list if there are too many complaints... lol and we keep buying new
gear

If you're that concerned, then you buy from the list. MS do the same thing,
but I expect it may cost the manufacturer to have your product "certified".

I've never had a problem, other than bad memory, with buying cheap memory
modules in any board.
I could be wrong but I think a few of these memory manufactureres build
outside the specs.