Old February 22nd 09, 10:40 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
DaveN

Default GIGABYTE GA-MA78G-DS3H memory question

When I built my system, I bought 4GB of G.SKILL 240-Pin DDR2 800 RAM
(2x2GB chips).

My day job is doing Motion Graphics using After Effects and Cinema 4D
which both run without any problems. I never have any isssues with
corrupted images or corrupted video files.

During my "off time", I play World of Warcraft and I have been having
issues since the new expansion came out with graphics image files
getting corrupted and the game crashing on me.

I have done everything that Blizzard has asked and worked with a couple
of different techs and the final conclusion THEY came to is that I am
not using memory listed on the "approved memory" list for the
motherboard manual, so therefore my memory (even though it passes all
memory tests) is causing the corruption and not their crappy software.

Is there ANY possibility that this is true? Especially considering that
I run 30 hour renders and do high end 3D rendering on a regular basis
with no issues.

Is it worth it for me to swap out the G.SKILL memory for something on
Gigabyte's list?