Old August 26th 08, 10:21 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Shawk[_2_]

Default Vista - nvidia - clone mode bug

root wrote:
Paul wrote:
Mr.E Solved! wrote:

The P815 has BNC connectors, which do not use EDID data and thusly
install as the default monitor and can have any resolution refresh
rate or timing you choose.

Have you ever heard of crippling your hardware to be a solution?

I found a spec sheet here, and it does list two inputs. 5 x BNC and
a VGA connector. So the monitor has two inputs listed.

http://web.archive.org/web/199902241...5/P815SPEC.HTM

To use BNC, which has no EDID, you'd need a BNC to VGA. My old
Trinitron came
with such a cable. The cable looks similar to this, with VGA on one end,
and five BNC on the other end, for RGBHV. I didn't realize the P815 was
that old.

http://www.computercableinc.com/ccin...GB-CCStore.jpg

Paul

Good idea, I forgot about the bnc connectors, I have the cable around
here somewhere. All I crippled was an extra adapter plug I wasn't using
anyway, and I am satisfied with the results so far. The big regret is
the week I burnt up on this. Tech support from evga and nvidia don't
seem to have a clue about this problem. The last thing I got from them
was they wanted to rma the card.

Media player and media center won't play a dvd because of this hack (I
think), but I have something else for that.

Are you getting the issue because there has been a hardware 'change'
that the DRM is designed to look for and doesn't like? In which case
you just go to your DRM folder in Vista and delete everything in there.
New copies of the files are then generated for your 'new' hardware.

I hope its this simple.