Old July 11th 04, 11:42 AM
deimos

JI wrote:

Thanks.
I changed the agp to pci but nothing seemed to change. I still can't get the
video to come on with the new card. there is no setting in the cmos to turn
off on board, integrated video. Any other ideas?
"deimos" wrote in message

JI wrote:

I have a PC CHIPS M925LR motherboard. How do I install a video card?
Does the board automatically detect the new board (the mb has integrated
graphics) or must I do something to get it to work. I've tried to

install

the card without luck. Also, I don't seem able to turn off agp graphics
through the BIOS screen
Thanks.

If one was even supplied, check the manual for a jumper to disable
onboard video. At the very least there should be something to set the
primary VGA to AGP/PCI instead of Onboard/PCI, etc.

I found a BIOS update listed he

http://www.pcchipsusa.com/support-pcchips-bios.asp#478

It was hard as hell to find though. The only thing I found was about
switching the Primary VGA to PCI on their other models, however I found
next to nothing on your board anywhere. In fact, this thread was the
first thing that turned up.

You might end up getting a cheap new MicroATX board to fit whatever you
have. Anything supporting a P4 without any onboard video should do
fine. Check Newegg.com. You'll probably spend about 60.00 USD.

Outside of reinstalling Windows, you should be able to keep all your
other hardware.