Old January 5th 16, 04:41 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
sctvguy1

Default What printer brands?

On Mon, 04 Jan 2016 12:14:35 -0500, Fred McKenzie wrote:

Many people here have praised Brother printers over the years. When my
ancient Xerox copier died recently, I bought a Brother MFC-L8850CDW
all-in-one Laser machine.

It makes good scans and black-and-white copies, but for color copies or
prints, not so good! I can use it to scan a color photo and print it on
an HP Laser printer, and the image is great. Print the same scan to the
Brother, and contrast is increased. Color prints are just not as good
as on the HP.

Except for that, the machine is impressive. It can do double-sided
color copies, and anything else you might want an all-in-one machine to
do including printing from an iPhone or iPad. But it was not cheap!

Fred

I do not do any color printing. B&W suits all of our needs, that is why
we have had Brother laser printers.