Old June 8th 04, 11:06 AM
matiii

Michael Brown wrote in message news:

1. I set mobo multiplier jumpers to auto, FSB jumper (CLK_SW) to off,
meaning 100MHz "fix 200MHz CPU" as the manual says. It also says "You
must set CLK_SW to 100MHz when you used FSB 200MHz CPU". So it is
done.

I think this just makes the FSB at 100MHz, and unchangable. This is not what
you want, so try setting CLK_SW to on.

Here we are! I don't know if it is thanks to the new BIOS (I flashed
it) or I haven't checked CLK_SW *on* and FSB jumpers *auto*
combination yet. Anyway, now I'm able to change fsb freely So at
the moment D700 runs at 931 MHz (FSB 133) with vcore around 1.79. So
now, definitely, system runs at asynchronous mode, doesn't it? (DRAM
speed is set to *BY SPD* which results in 400 in BIOS) Maybe I should
change it to make it run in synchro? Will it be more efficient, and is
there a particular way to test it except for overall benchmarks?

Prime95 reported an error, doh... :

FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.4818878174, expected less than 0.4

Don't know if to bother, I haven't checked computer earlier much, so
can't tell if it's due to higher speed, or something got just screwed
at the testing time, or there's something generally wrong with he
stuff. Memory is Twinmos 256 PC3200, so it ain't bad I guess...

The multi change still doesn't work, either I can't paint , or it
is really the case with this multiplier double-check. So, as I
understood it, you can close those bridges if they're open, but to
open'em you'd have to fight the ceramic, right? Yikes, indeed

Matt

PS. BTW, any gotchas with Athlon 1GHz? (dunno the fsb yet, it's my
girl's comp, gotta check)
PSS. Any ideas for a good aircooler for P4 at a reasonable price?