Old June 5th 04, 04:31 PM
matiii

SHHEEESHH!!

1. I set mobo multiplier jumpers to auto, FSB jumper (CLK_SW) to off,
meaning 100MHz "fix 200MHz CPU" as the manual says. It also says "You
must set CLK_SW to 100MHz when you used FSB 200MHz CPU". So it is
done.

2. I reset BIOS to defaults, i.e. FSB 100 as well.

3. Of course, Duron reports at 700 - when I change FSB steb by step,
there's no difference, as I posted before - system doesn't POST when
there's other multi than 7, though I haven't tried all (reasonable,
because list reaches 18 combinations.

So I don't got any more idea how to move the FSB. I was changing it
with "System Performance" set to "Normal", in raw 33 MHz steps, as
well as in "Manual" mode, one by one - no difference at all. Maybe I
will flash the BIOS and see if it helps, I'm getting really fed up and
****ed.

Michael Brown wrote:

With the CPGA chips, the copper traces on the top are fakes. You can

remove
them without damaging the chip at all (yes, this was verified on the

Duron
in a rather unfortunate accident ...). The real traces are actually

under
the ceramic, so you need a diamond drill to cut through them.

I also considered changing multi by opening/closing the L6 bridges,
but that really put me off. Where do you got this info from?

Oh, and the last thing, Gene Puhl wrote:

The Duron is "double pumped", an FSB of 100mhz is really 200mhz to

the
system.

So, what about DDRs? CPU-Z (or WCPUid) reports that *FSB* is 200 and
*system bus*, or *system clock* (WCPUid) is 100 - DDR runs at 200,
according to CPU-Z. Now, is this physical frequency they run at, and
then data rate is doubled, cause they are DDRs, or is it calculated
double-times-FSB, meaning they actually run at 100MHz? (BIOS says they
run at 400...) And which solution is more effective considering the
fact it's AMD?

Matt