Old December 6th 03, 03:07 PM
Me

BK24 wrote:
"Me" wrote in message

I thought you guys might find this interesting in light of the recent
thread on bad caps on certain brands of G4 cards. This explains it all
in glorious detail.

http://www.spectrum.ieee.org/WEBONLY...eb03/ncap.html

I had an Asus A7V a few years back that had 6 blown cap's on it.3 were
swelled and 3 were leaking.

That's interesting... I just threw away an Asus AV7. It quit and I had
no idea what was wrong with it at the time. I do a good bit of tinkering
so I decided to pull all of the caps off of it and save them. I had most
of the caps off when I found one that had been leaking. I knew then that
this was what was wrong with it, but it wasn't worth reassembling with
good caps at that point so I chunked it.