Old August 6th 03, 04:04 AM
Stuart M

Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a go.

- Stuart

"Para_Sight" wrote in message
e.rogers.com...
Check for a Virus...
use a software to completely remove the Detonator driver. You can get it

at
nvnews.com. Reinstal the driver that way.

"Stuart M" wrote in message
I have a weird and intermittent problem that I guess comes from my

nvidia
drivers.

After about 2 weeks of normal use, my pc will boot up Windows (Win98SE)

with
a lower refresh rate and/or a lower resolution. Sometimes I can reboot
Windows and the problem will temporarily fix itself, restoring the

proper
refresh rate. Eventually though it will get to the stage where Windows

will
not boot, and I think it is failing at the display adaptor

initialization.
Then, Windows will only boot in safe mode.

At this point, I uninstall the nvidia drivers, install the standard pci

vga
graphics adaptor, then reinstall the nvidia drivers, and then everything
works perfectly! But, in 2 weeks time the cycle will start again, as if

the
drivers get gradually corrupted over a 2 week period forcing me to

reinstall
them.

I've tried lots of things but can't seem to track the problem. I've

tried
quite a few different detonator versions - new versions, old and

supposedly
reliable versions, the version that came with the card, etc etc. The

same
thing happens every time.

My setup is an Athlon 2400+, Shuttle mobo (latest VIA 4-in-1 drivers),
Geforce4 ti4200, Win98SE (fully updated).

Can anyone help me?

tia,
Stuart.