Old June 24th 03, 07:58 PM
Shepİ

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 01:26:07 GMT, Whilst playing Smegball with the
scutters "Derek Wildstar" wrote :

"Shepİ" wrote in message
.. .

I recently tried a CL 5.1 digital and the software placed two entries
on bootup which appear in msconfig.A Jet audio link and a DVD patch.As
I don't like things loading on boot up if they are not needed I
disabled these two(and can fully remove them).They were the cause of
delays in my bootup.As I think the Audigy cards use a similar driver
pack try disabling these(I would anyway until I know what use they
are? )

Yes, the Creative install package drops a lot of extra debris for startup,
and this issue goes over and above their functions.

I know what each one does, and in most instances, most users have absolutely
no use for them, do they cause problems? Generally no, but certain ones,
such as cthelper.exe (a windvd remote 'ping' TSR) can freak out and peg cpu
usage at 100%.

It's just futher evidence of Creative's humongous PC-ego.

It's not all Creative.It seems any programs related to media want to
hog the system e.g Real Agro/Apple Quicklime/Windows Media Plauger
etc hence,
http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/startup.html
Not to mention,"Spyware".

--