Old June 23rd 03, 05:19 PM

Although I don't have the same audio card, my old comp that used a
fortisimo, and my new comp which uses the onboard soundMAX will studder with
any upgrade in graphics drivers in the 40+ series.

I did at one time actually get the audio not studdering in Anarchy Online
with the 41.09 drivers. I don't play that anymore, but with Asheron's Call
any driver 40+ will cause choppy playback, pops, crackles, etc. no matter
what audio card I am using.

Will try the bios tweeks mentioned.

"Tech Support" wrote in message
I ran PCIlist and it made mention of the fact my video card may be
hogging the PCI bus. I was runnign the beta 44.65 drivers and noticed
in XP that on boot up the start sound would slightly stutter. I have
an Audigy2. Did a bit of digging around on Google and found others
with the same issue, including people using 44.03 drivers and up.
Seems the fix is to isntall 43.45 and down drivers. I did this and
sure enough it fixed the stuttering sound on XP boot up. This does
imply to me that the more recent Nvidia drivers may well be hogging
the bus and causing a problem for my Audigy2 as they are both bus
mastering cards. Anybody else seen similar issues?