Old August 8th 03, 04:31 PM
Sprite Scaler

"slapkicksy" wrote in message ...
"Ryan E." wrote in message
On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 23:47:34 -0700, Gnasher wrote:

On 7 Aug 2003 14:06:17 -0700, (Radeon350) wrote:

which of course, will be using for the first time, a graphics
processor designed by ATI

It's not the first time. I believe ATI had a hand in the GPU on the
Nintendo Gamecube too.

In what capacity? I thought it was just ArtX design technology.

ArtX were bought by ATi before the GECKO GPU was finalised. They helped add
more rendering caperbilities to the cube, and continue to improve the die
size.

you mean the FLIPPER GPU. the Gekko is the CPU, made by IBM.

ArtX designed the Flipper GPU, before ATI bought ArtX in 2000. ATI
didn't really have much to do with Gamecube or Flipper. perhaps at
most, ATI helped to tweak Gamecube/Flipper before it's fall 2001
release. Since ATI is the owner of Flipper technology, they get to
put their sticker on every Gamecube.