Old January 12th 04, 06:00 PM
El Kapitano

It's a rev. 1.2 mobo. Tried f1, 2, 3 ,4 and 6 bios'.

HDD's are Maxtor Dmax Plus 9's 6Y080M080 Gb serial Y2QZ5Q0E and Y245BK9E and
firmware for both is YAR51EW0.

Can the MBR not be moved over and the boot ini altered?

I have Ghost 2003 and Drive Image 2002 will one of these work?

Thanks Dimitris.

"Dimitris" wrote in message
m...
"El Kapitano" wrote in message

Update.

I have retrieved my old GXP120 40gig dual raid 0 array on the promise
onboard controllerso I now have a working PC again.

Tha sata pair I left in place for kicks and has been seen and installed

by
XP, strange thing is the icon isn't a drive icon but after formatting it

is
working but 3 Mb slower in transfers than the promise which is
highlydissapointing.

Maybe the UDMA mode of the sata drive is not set at high number.
I may try a dual boot install and then remove the OS from the promise

pata
array and boot from the SATA see if things improve (any ideas as to how

go about this?).

Andy

Well if you boot again with the winxp cd and choose to install windows
xp on the sata drives wont work? Even if you manage to install it,
then by removing completely the first operating system(e.g formatting
the promise raid array) the system most likely wont boot cause the
main boot sector and boot.ini file would be on the promise array.

Anyway, what is the revision of your motherboard and the exact models
of the maxtor drives, their firmware bios version and the date of
production? You can see this info on the sataraid utility by silicon
image.