Old January 11th 04, 10:00 PM
El Kapitano

Update.

I have retrieved my old GXP120 40gig dual raid 0 array on the promise
onboard controllerso I now have a working PC again.

Tha sata pair I left in place for kicks and has been seen and installed by
XP, strange thing is the icon isn't a drive icon but after formatting it is
working but 3 Mb slower in transfers than the promise which is
highlydissapointing.

I may try a dual boot install and then remove the OS from the promise pata
array and boot from the SATA see if things improve (any ideas as to how to
go about this?).

Andy

"Dimitris" wrote in message
m...
"Andy H" wrote in message

What bios version are you running? What SATA driver version is it and

what
drives are you using, I've now lost my array and can't get XP installled
again, constant IRQL stop errors at start up of the actual set up during

the
xp install process. Any ideas.

Andy

Similar thing happened to me. I had one drive with satalink, copy some
dvd movied and cd images on it, with random freezes and delayed write
errors. I thought that the seagate 3120026as sata drive was dead but
it was actually the onboard controller that doesnt work anymore. I
think that your drives should have still the winxp install, (except
you managed to do a format trying to install the winxp again). Get a
PCI sata controller, or try them before on another board.
I think that gigabyte produced some 7vaxp ultra mobos with defective
silicon image chips(SII3112) on them.