Old January 9th 04, 12:00 AM
jpsga

Once the BIOS is set for S3, The 'Stand By' shut down option puts you into
suspend to ram. Works great.

The SATA RAID drivers should match the SRAID BIOS that is in the main BIOS.
The support CD drivers are great and allow me around 100mB/s transferes.

JPS

"Andy H" wrote in message
After having a nightmare two days trying to install XP Pro on my two

Maxtor
sata 80 gig HDD's as raid 0 during which I received constant IRQL Stop
errors I tried the older Sil3112 sata raid drivers which came on the
motherboard support CD. This allowed me to install XP OK.

Now however I notice there are no S3 or Hibernate options on the windows
shutdown screen, I've checked power options and they aren't there either.
All I've read seems to point towards the Sil drivers but if I update them

start getting IRQL Stop errors again.

Has anyone else experienced this or can someone give me any idea as to how

can re enable my ACPI power management. I have got susepnd set to STR (S3)
and OS as ACPI in the bios.

BTW I have had this board from day one with a striped Raid set on the
Promise controller without any problems whatsoever (until a HDD went tits
err I mean belly up) so the only new thing I've introduced is the Sil
controller and SATA drives.

Andy H