Old August 2nd 13, 06:55 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
(PeteCresswell)

Default Mystery Alarm on EP45-UD3L

Per Paul:
In the user manual, I see this BIOS setting in Hardware Monitor.

"CPU Warning Temperature

Sets the warning threshold for CPU temperature. When CPU temperature
exceeds the threshold, BIOS will emit warning sound. Options a

Disabled (default), 60oC/140oF, 70oC/158oF, 80oC/176oF, 90oC/194oF."

Bingo!.....I think...

Found it set to 60/140, set it to Disabled.

Fired up HandBrake an hour or so ago... it's been running ever since and
no beeps. OTOH, I don't seem to be provoking as high core temps as
last time.... but all four are 60+ and CPU is maxed out at 100% usage.

So, my guess is that you nailed it.

Thanks!
--
Pete Cresswell