Old April 12th 04, 04:01 AM
~misfit~

David Maynard wrote:
~misfit~ wrote:

David Maynard wrote:
According to Gigabyte it's the 810E chipset.

Ok. Like I said, I know jack about Intel chipsets.

That was why I mentioned it; so if you decided to do some research
you'd be looking for the right one.

Cool. I just called it an 810 as that's what Aida32 calls it.

I was just basing that 20% figure on the fact that I had two
Coppermine Celeron 900s running a while ago, one in this board and
one in a BX board. Same FSB, same amount of RAM. Both running SETI.
The BX board was just over 20% faster per WU over a period of time.

How about the CAS times on the two sets of RAM? And what display
resolution/color depth.

2.5. 1024x768 16bit.

Sounds like I better put those little 'sinks on the other ones then.

Well, if they are the memory regulators then they aren't being worked
any harder than before.

Nah, it was the memory ones I put the other 'sinks on.

I went ahead and fitted some little 'sinks to the CPU FETs, put the fan back
in place above them and the damn PC kept crashing. When it would get as far
as starting to get into Windows (98SE) it would tell me the registry was bad
and it would have to re-start and fix it. It did that three times, each time
saying it had repaired the registry. Nice little 'sinks I made too, fitted
with a bare minimum of epoxy. Filed the saw-cuts, lapped the bottoms. What a
waste of time! I'm back to running a Coppermine 900 in it now. Works
perfectly.
--
~misfit~