Old March 18th 09, 04:40 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Les Matthew

Default Gigabyte GA-X38-DQ6 + E8500 C0 woes

I've had this motherboard running for about three months with an E6600
crunching folding@home no problems with the F8 BIOS.

I've also had the E8500 in an Asus P5K for the same period of time also
crunching folding@home with no problems either.

X38-DQ6 was flashed with the F8 BIOS when I initially installed the
E8500 this morning, power on and all I get is all the fans
start-stop-start-stop ad infinitum with no post or boot.

So, flashed with the latest f9f beta BIOS and it still does the same.
Power on, all fans spin up for a second then stop, rinse and repeat...

Tried it with two different lots of memory,
some corsair dominator CM2X1024-8500C5D and some corsair M2X1024-6400C4.

CMOS has been cleared, cables etc checked also.

The GA-X38-DQ6 PCB has "REV: 1.0" marked on it.

Enermax 625Watt MODU82+ Psu
Geforce 7900GS vid
160GB WD HDD
DVD-ROM
floppy

Not impressed, an Asus motherboard that cost half the price of of the
Gigabyte
runs with the E8500 aok and the X38-DQ6 barfs.

Anybody got any ideas?

les...