Old November 22nd 03, 04:23 PM
Ben Pope

Bitsbucket wrote:
Hi,
Ben, I hope you read this,
I have the above MOBO with memory from a company called Komusa, they have
a great reseller rating at resellerratings.com and I bought a pair of
copper heat sinked 512 meg sticks of PC-3500 memory for my MOBO and am
running a Barton core 2500+ at 200 MHz FSB so I have essentially a 3200+
Here is the prob. every now and then (maybe 1 out of 5 boots, and almost
always after running some damn game that locks the system up) I get the
voice at boot that says "system failed memory test, system now booting
from operating system" and everything works fine. I have run memtest86 on
it over-night and no memory errors are reported.

Turn of POST reporter, forget that she ever told you there was something
wrong, run memtest86 over night again if necessary to convince yourself the
memory is ok and your worries shall go away.

:-P

Here is the machine config:
A7N8X DELUXE (bios 1007)
2500+ Barton core@ 200MHz FSB
Memory running at same, in "optimal" not "aggressive"
450 watt allied pwr supp. (I do not think this is the prob.)
1 gig of Komusa matched 512 meg copper heat sink mem.
1 CD burner
1 DVD drive
1 CD-Rom
1 80 gig Maxtor (boot w/ 8meg cache)
1 80 gig WD (8meg cache)
1 120 gig WD (8meg cache)
the 80 gig WD and the 120 gig WD are running on a second controller that
came with the 120 gig drive, it's a promise ATA-133 controller
card.......(and speaking of that, drive access seems slow, but that is
another story)

Using somehting like Aida32 or Sandra, confirm that the drives are in an
UDMA mode...

Ben