Old October 12th 05, 03:48 PM

Default Large memory allocation in OpenGL application using nVidia Quadro fx 3400

I'm having a weird problem on the Quadro fx 3400 card. The video card
allocates a lot of main memory. I made a small OpenGL program that
draws one million triangles. On my other card, a 6800 GT, the
application uses about 20MB of memory but on the quadro 300MB.

I have tried many drivers from 71.84 up to 81.84. I tried flashing the
bios to version 5.40.02.41.06.
I tried moving the card to another computer(not dell), but nothing
helps.

I have also experienced the same problem on a dell laptop with a 1400
go card.

Any ideas?
/Fredrik