Old February 19th 04, 10:27 AM
John

(Scott) wrote in message . com...
I am thinking about buying the nf7-s 2.0 board and I have a couple of
questions...

I have two sticks of more or less generic pc2100 256mb ram, and I
would like to add another one stick of 512mb. Do I have to use pc2100
or can I buy pc2700 or pc3200? Any other advice? Thanks!

I just did the very same thing. That is, I bought an nf7-s 2.0 board
thinking I could use the memory from my old Mobo. I have two sticks.
One PC2100 512mb and one Pc2100 256mb stick. The system runs just
fine. Except when I run SiSandra, My PC2100 memory is greatly slowing
down the system.

In order to get the full advantage of the Mobo speed etc. I've ordered
two 512mb Pc3200 memory pieces. I'm looking forward to this removing
any bottlenecks in the ram department.

I don't believe that running different speed PCXXXX sticks will cause
any major problems. I do think however, that the Mobo will slow down
for the slowest ram slowing down the system.