Old February 11th 05, 08:12 AM
Shiva

Default Windows xp sometimes hangs on startup

Hi,

Windows XP SP2 sometimes hangs on startup. It always occurs when the windows
logo is being displayed. The progress bar of the logo stops moving and the
small red light of the harddrive is burning constantly.
After pressing the reset button, windows usually starts up, though a message
is displayed asking me how to start windows (normally, safe mode etc.)
'cause previously it failed to start correctly.

Some more info:

- motherboard P4VT8+
- Intel 3.4 Ghz processor
- 1 Gb RAM
- my videodriver is not digitally signed; however, it is the latest driver
provided by manufacturor of the video card
- windows xp never hangs after a correct startup, it always occurs during
the process of booting (windows)

Any idea's?

Thanks in advance!