Old April 7th 07, 10:50 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
journey

Default Acronis Vista Restore Didn't Work

On Sat, 07 Apr 2007 16:18:36 -0500, RnR wrote:

Journey, no offense but you are confirming why I want to stay away
from Vista as long as possible. Don't misunderstand, I'm NOT
blaming you but rather learning from you that it's not worth my effort
unbugging MS's messed up new OS. Oh yeah, get some sleep grin.

Actually I didn't plan on going to Vista till at least SP1 anyway but
I'm not sure if I should wait even longer now. I haven't heard any
WOW from anyone.

If you have two hard drives, you can safely (as far as I know) install
to each and enable and disable in the bios. There is probably a more
elegant way.

In my case I did a Vista image restore. It's either my incomplete
understanding of something, maybe I missed something when creating the
image, or maybe I need to download an update from Acronis.

One of the payoffs for me of doing all this is that I continue to
learn useful things.

The sooner I can get into Vista, even if it's a secondary option, the
more I will be able to understand and take in what I read because.