Old August 29th 18, 04:32 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Peter Johnson[_5_]

Default Which fan connector?

On Tue, 28 Aug 2018 18:30:45 -0400, "Percival P. Cassidy"
wrote:

I have an Asus Prime Z370-A motherboard that has several different fan
connectors, but only two for "Chassis fans."

I have the top and rear fans connected to CHA_1 and CHA_2, respectively,
but I am wondering whether to connect my two (non-PWM) front mounted
drive-bay fans to one of the other on-board fan-connectors or whether to
just power them from a Molex connector.

The currently unused on-board connectors are CPU_OPT (intended for
dual-fan coolers, I think), AIO_Pump (which does not seem to have any
kind of speed sensing control, and M.2.

I have the Z370-Pro version of this board and have a fan connected to
the AIO_Pump connector without any issues.